You hold a M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree with excellent marks, preferably in electrical engineering, physics, mathematics or computer science. You have a profound understanding of electromagnetic field theory, numerical mathematics and/or accelerator physics and technology. You have a good knowledge of German and/or English. You are interested in one or more of the following research disciplines
- electromagnetic field theory,
- development and implementation of numerical algorithms for electromagnetic field simulation,
- computer aided design of particle accelerator components, electrical energy transducers and electromechanical systems.
For PhD students, we offer positions ranging from scholarships to for at least 3 years and up to 4 or 5 years. For Postdocs, we offer full-time salary E13 positions for 1 to 3 years. Your desk at the institute is equipped with a state-of-the-art workstation and a laptop. We allow and pay for 1 to 3 conferences or workshops per year. Free of cost language and soft-skill courses are offered by the young researchers' network full-time E13 of the university. We provide scientific supervision, technical support as well as a friendly, international and stimulating working atmosphere. Ingenium
Your application file should be organised as a single pdf-file, smaller than 10 MB, containing the following items:
- A short covering letter indicating your postal address, email address, aspired date of appointment and reference number of the aspired position,
- curriculum vitae including a photograph, date of birth, university education, previous appointments, language knowledge and computer skills,
- (in case of a free application) a 2-page research plan,
- list of publications (if any) ordered as publications in international journals and publications at international conferences,
- electronic copies or weblinks to two representative papers (if any, otherwise to your master thesis),
- electronic copies of diplomas and scientific prizes (moderate resolution),
- scores of all study years and a short explanation of the score system used.
It is of paramount importance to include the reference number of the aspired position (or a 2-page research plan if it is a free application). Please send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org-….
The Darmstadt University of Technology is engaged in efforts to increase the proportion of women in its personnel, especially in the technical domains. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply. At equal qualification, disabled persons are preferred.