Open positions at TEMF
The Computational Electromagnetics Laboratory (TEMF, Institut für Theorie Elektromagnetischer Felder) is continuously searching candidates for both PhD and PostDoc positions. The candidate should hold a Master or PhD degree with excellent scores, preferably in one of the following disciplines: electrical engineering, physics and mathematics. He/she should have a profound understanding of electromagnetic field theory and experience with electromagnetic field simulation. He/she should show interest in one or more of the following research disciplines:
- electromagnetic field simulation and associated numerical techniques
- modelling, simulation and design of particle accelerator components
- modelling and field simulation of high-frequency applications
- modelling and field simulation of low-frequency applications
- accelerator physics, including beam dynamics and wake fields
- accelerator technology, including circuit design, high-frequency technology and control theory
At the moment we have the following vacancies:
- The dual universe: generalizing the Buffa-Christiansen complex
- Stable and fast hysteresis models for 3D finite-element simulation (PhD student)
- Beam Dynamics in Dielectric Laser Accelerators
Further vacancies can also be found here.
There are also vacancies for PhD students and Postdocs for any research topic covered by the institute when an excellent education and research record can be shown. In that case, the application file should accompany a research plan of no more than 2 pages introducing the topic, the research methodology and the relation to the candidate’s expertise and the institute’s know-how.
The application file should be organised as a single pdf-file, smaller than 10 MB, containing the following items:
- A short covering letter indicating a postal address, email address, preferred position and aspired date of appointment
- (in case of a free application) a 2-page research plan
- curriculum vitae including a photograph, date of birth, university education, previous appointments, language knowledge and computer skills
- list of publications (if any) ordered as publications in international journals and publications at international conferences
- electronic copies of two representative papers (if any, otherwise an electronic copy of the master thesis)
- electronic copies of diplomas and scientific prizes (moderate resolution)
- scores of all study years and a short explanation of the score system used
Please send your documents to the following address email@example.com-….
The Darmstadt University of Technology is engaged in efforts to increase the proportion of women in its personnel, especially in the technical domains. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply. At equal qualification, disabled persons are preferred.
We are looking forward to your application, which can be sent to the following address:
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Herbert De Gersem
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Theorie Elektromagnetischer Felder (TEMF)